Mud Hens release 2016 schedule
Mark your calendar! The Toledo Mud Hens open the 2016 season at Fifth Third Field on Thursday, April 7 against Louisville at 4:05 p.m. The entire first weekend of action will also be a celebration of the much-anticipated opening of Hensville!
The Hens will play their first six games at home (April 7-10 vs. Louisville, April 12-13 vs. Indianapolis). Thirty-three of the 72 home games will be played on weekend dates (Friday-10, Saturday-13, Sunday-13), including a doubleheader on Saturday, June 4. The final game of the 2016 season will be played at Fifth Third Field on Labor Day, Monday, September 5 at 1:05 p.m.
Every game of the 2016 season will be action-packed and filled with great promotions:
- NEW for 2016: Postgame concerts at Hensville Park!
- The popular theme night jerseys will be back.
- The 2016 Bobblehead Series will include one giveaway per month.
- Next season, area school districts will have four opportunities to participate in the Mud Hens School Celebration Days.
- The outfield at Fifth Third Field will once again overflow with tents several times next season when hundreds of children will take part in the Mud Hens Scout Experience. Scouts will have the chance to earn credit towards their merit badges.
All 14 Opening Day games at Fifth Third Field have been standing room only sell-out crowds. Game Plans are on sale now for next season, and it's not too early to begin planning your group outings. Single game tickets for the 2016 season will go on sale at a later date.